This course gives an overview of the issues surrounding drug and alcohol misuse, using a variety of teaching and learning methods to suit most learners. The course is interactive, with plenty of opportunities to ask questions and explore the issues. Wherever possible we use volunteers or staff with lived experience of the issues to co-facilitate the training, which brings the subject to life and enhances the impact of the course.
In this course you will:
- Learn about unit strengths and safe limits of alcohol.
- Learn about the different types of illicit drugs and their effects.
- Learn about the possible causes of alcohol and drug misuse and its effects.
- Understand the effects that alcohol and drug misuse may have on others.
- Understand some of the health issues associated with alcohol and drug misuse.
- Understand the effects of withdrawing from alcohol and certain drugs.
- Learn about some of the agencies that offer help and information on alcohol and drug misuse.
Participants will be able to:
- State the unit strength of a range of alcoholic drinks and describe the recommended safe limits of alcohol.
- Describe possible reasons as to why people may misuse alcohol and/ or drugs
- Describe psychological and physical effects of alcohol and drug misuse.
- Describe the effects that alcohol and drug misuse may have on family, friends and society.
- Explain some of the effects of alcohol and drug misuse on physical health and emotional health.
- Describe the effects of withdrawing from alcohol and certain drugs
- List sources of help and information for alcohol and drug misuse and understand the differences between them.
Who should attend
This course is suitable for anyone wanting a broad overview of the issues surrounding misuse of alcohol and illicit drugs.
Prices and options
This course can be delivered as a one (non-accredited) or 2 days (accredited) training.
Costs per learner start at £90 for a full day.
If completed learners will achieve six credits at Level 2 (Accredited)
Double Impact is a Certa Recognised Centre, therefore all our course options are delivered using accredited materials and lesson plans, assuring a very high level of content and delivery.
Please speak to us about a bespoke version of this course if the above options do not meet your business’s or organisation’s needs. We are able to design and deliver flexible learning packages of varying length and cost.
Delivery can take place either at your own venue or one of our training locations in Nottingham, Mansfield or Lincoln city centre.