We are currently working with Groundwork who are lead partner for the TNCF BBO Programme, Towards Work Strand. This exciting programme aims to combat the root causes of poverty, promote social inclusion, challenge long-term unemployment and empower socially excluded people. This project is funded by the European Social Fund and the National Lottery Community Fund.
As a committed and motivated individual can you help us deliver the programme?
You will contribute to the overall success of the Building Better Opportunities Towards Work Programme within Nottinghamshire. You will work directly with unemployed and economically inactive participants by effectively delivering a holistic, personalised support service, which empowers participants with the self-belief, skills, motivation and confidence to enable them to progress into employment, self-employment or further training/education. The successful candidate will facilitate a range of Employability and Personal Development Interventions, via 1:1 and group based learning and development sessions. You will provide participants with comprehensive initial diagnostic assessments, plan and deliver their learning & development, evaluate and measure their progress and impart guidance, knowledge and mentoring. You will play a pivotal role in helping individuals to overcome their fears and barriers and to develop their employability skills.
CONTRACT TYPE: FIXED TERM CONTRACT UNTIL 31.12.2021 (POSSIBLE EXTENSION UNTIL LATE 2022 DEPENDING ON FUNDING)
FULL TIME: 37 HOURS PER WEEK (MONDAY TO FRIDAY)
SALARY: £23,500 PER ANNUM (STARTING SALARY)
LOCATION: NOTTINGHAM CITY
(MIX OF HOME AND OFFICE WORKING AVAILABLE DUE TO COVID RESTRICTIONS)
(TRAVEL WILL BE REQUIRED AROUND THE LOCAL AREA)
Would you like a chance to give something back to the local community? Do you want to make a difference to our organisation and the communities of Nottinghamshire and Derbyshire? If you do then read on ………..
The successful person will:
- Ideally hold a recognised Information, Advice & Guidance (IAG) qualification (minimum of Level 3 or above) qualification
- Previous experience of coaching, supporting and placing unemployed/ economically inactive people into employment, self-employment or FE/Training
- Previous experience of effective case management of disadvantaged participants, including the delivery of 1:1’s, IAG, diagnostics, action planning, reviewing progress and implementing appropriate Employability & Job search techniques
- Ability to negotiate and agree ‘SMART’ objectives with participants, experienced in giving constructive feedback and able to positively transform negative behaviours
- Knowledge and understanding of the Local Labour Market, Sector Skills Gaps, local Employment & Skills provision, Specialist Support Networks, and Education & Training providers
- Have a proactive and forward thinking approach to work that is both positive, energetic and inspiring for participants on the programme.
The application pack including a full job description can be downloaded HERE.
If you would like an informal chat about the position please contact Lisa Emmerson on 07702 252 728 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: Tuesday, 15th June 2021 at 12 NoonDouble Impact embraces diversity and takes a pro-active approach to equality in services and employment. Registered Charity No. 1139865